Aerial Drone UAS / UAV Photography and Videography
As commercially licensed and insured drone pilots, we produce stunning, high-resolution ultra-high-definition (4K) video, 360 degree photographs, spherical photographs and still images from perspectives not possible without aerial photography and at a fraction of the cost of traditional helicopter-based photography.
With multiple drones, which are also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) we are able to deliver breathtaking videos covering every possible perspective. With our post processing expertise and website knowledge we can combine multiple video clips, still images, text and audio into your website and social media feeds without requiring you to deal with multiple vendors.
Commercial usage of drone still and video photography include real estate sales, construction inspections and project progress documentation and marketing.
Drone Photography and Videography Considerations
Drone usage is an exciting, emerging, and rapidly changing technology with vastly different requirements for hobbyist, recreational and commercial use. For North Carolina commercial use, or any time drones or images taken from a drone are used for a business or remuneration takes place, all of the following must be in place to avoid huge fines and penalties.
- The drone must be registered with the FAA.
- The drone pilot must be licensed by the FAA.
- The drone operator must have an NC UAS Commercial Operator's Permit and have passed an NC Department of Transportation written exam.
- The drone pilot must confirm that the location for the drone flight is a location where flights are permitted or obtain necessary government approvals prior to the flight (restrictions exist in many places that are miles from the nearest airport or even small heliport landing spots).
- The owner of the property where the drone will take off, land and be photographed must give permission.
- Drones may only be operated within the hours specified by the FAA or necessary waivers must be obtained.
- Since normal business insurance excludes drones, we recommend confirming that the drone operator has special drone insurance.
At HSykesPhoto, we can manage all of the preceding items for you and even post the resultant pictures and videos on your web and social media pages. Alternatively, we can photograph at locations where you already have permission and provide high resolution images, compressed images for quick display on websites and/or 4K or Ultra-high definition video.